Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Weekend Surprise: SOLSC Day 10

For the month of March, I'll be writing with all you in the Slice of Life community.  Disclaimer:  I'll be writing every day so the writing will be raw and a bit messy most days.



I have had a busy month. Two of the weekends involved traveling to see my daughters and the other two had me presenting at local conferences. Each weekend has been amazing, and I would do each one all over again.

These busy weekends have also taught me I need recovery time. I was surprised to learn I could no longer fly back in on the red-eye and get up for work the next day without a hitch.
I have been dragging each week!

So today, my first weekend off in a month and my understanding husband left me sleeping while he came downstairs. He even chose to have his breakfast in the basement his man cave while he watched morning news so the tv wouldn’t disturb me.

Now, as I eat my breakfast and write my post, he’s scurrying around in the kitchen doing dishes, tidying up mail, gathering the day's errands, and he has the laundry going!  All chores he waited to start until I got out of bed.

This is going to be a superb weekend and I owe it all to Tim!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Perfect way to start a slow weekend. Kudos to your husband Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. It's so wonderful when our husbands show us how much they care. You've got a winner there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No there's a good husband! I'm glad you're catching up! I bet your presentations were great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to be thankful for! Productive happy weekends, and now time for a rest! The best of both worlds. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good husbands are to be celebrated for sure! I'm so happy you got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That guy. He's a keeper. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful. I wish I had the ability to sleep in. Your husband is a peach.

    ReplyDelete